1. DIFFERENT PAYMENT PLANS
- Plan A: The Enrollment Contract returned with a $500.00 non-refundable deposit per child to hold a spot. The first payment of 50% tuition and fees are due in July, and the remaining 50% of tuition obligation is reflected on bills due in November (25%) and March (25%).
- Plan B: The Enrollment Contract returned with a $500.00 non-refundable deposit per child to hold a spot. Participation in SMART TUITION can place tuition payment on a ten-month basis, July-April.
- Plan C: The Enrollment Contract returned with a $500.00 non-refundable deposit per child to hold a spot. Payment can be paid in full due in July.
All plans ask families to sign up with SMART TUITION. SMART TUITION processes and collects tuition fees for The Pennfield School.
2. NEED-BASED FINANCIAL AID FOR STUDENTS IN KINDERGARTEN- GRADE 8
The Pennfield School offers financial assistance to families who qualify for support. We require new applicants to complete the following steps:
- Complete the PFS (Parents’ Financial Statement) form online, found on the School and Student Service site (SSS) at https://www.solutionsbysss.com/parents. The Pennfield School’s code is 5325.
- If you own a Business or Farm, we require that you complete the SSS Business – Farm Statement Form. This can be found at https://www.solutionsbysss.com/parents.
- A copy of your 2020, or your 2021 when they are complete, 1040 Income Tax Return, the 2021 W-2 Form, and all supporting schedules, including Schedule K-1 if you are a shareholder or a partner in a Partnership, submitted to SSS.
- If you have a child in a tuition charging school, verification of amount of tuition paid for the current school year needs to be submitted. For college tuition, use the IRS form 1098-T. Families must apply for financial assistance at all tuition charging schools in order to apply for aid at Pennfield.
- In cases of divorce, unmarried, or separated parents both parents need to submit a PFS and a copy of their 1040 tax return. Children living with grandparents or guardians will be reviewed case by case.
- Complete “The Pennfield School’s Online Financial Aid Application” form.
SSS reviews the application and forwards a report about each family’s economic profile. The report includes a recommendation as to what the family can afford to pay towards tuition. The Pennfield School makes its determination regarding financial aid after taking into consideration the SSS recommendation, the individual circumstances of each particular family, and the amount of financial aid at Pennfield available in a given year.
Families reapply for aid each year if they want to continue to receive a yearly grant. Families will typically receive a grant that is about the same percentage as the prior year unless there is a significant income change. If a parent chooses to leave their job or change jobs for a decreased salary, Pennfield is unable to underwrite this difference with a larger financial aid grant the following year.
To be considered in the first round of financial aid grants for the 2022-2023 school year, financial aid paperwork for new families needs to be submitted to The Pennfield School’s Admission Office by Wednesday, February 9, 2022. After February 9, financial aid will still be available and awarded on a rolling basis.
Billing and Payment
A non-refundable enrollment fee of $500.00 per child is due with an enrollment contract. Tuition is either billed in three installments of 50%, 25%, and 25% respectively, or tuition can be put on a 10 month payment plan. The due dates for the three installment plan for 2022-2023 are July, November, and March. The Pennfield School expects the prompt payment of bills.
Field trips are billed as they happen during the school year. All students entering 5th – 8th grade are required to purchase an iPad before the start of the school year.
For questions concerning the PFS, please call SSS at (800) 344-8328. For all other questions, contact Kristin Emory in the Admission Office at (401) 849-4646 ext 147 or by email at email@example.com.