Don’t let the statistics sway you, Pennfield students are anything but ordinary; they are truly extraordinary – in so many ways. We invite you to come see for yourself.
- Founded in 1971 as The New School
- Moved to permanent location at "Little Slocum Farm" in 2004
- Renamed The Pennfield School in 1993, after Isabelle Penny (Assistant Head of School and English teacher, 1972-1993)
- 181 students in Grades Pre-School - 8
- 100 boys and 81 girls
- 125 families - 38 of whom are new to the school. A majority live on Aquidneck Island.
Families also travel from South County, East Bay, and Little Compton/Tiverton.
- Average class size: 16 students
- 39 faculty and administrators
- 8:1 student/faculty ratio
- Upper School 100% access to Macbooks, iMacs, and iPads
- Lower School 1:2 computer to student ratio
- 19 acres of property abutting the Aquidneck Island Land Trust's Sakonnet Greenway Trail
and Glen Farm (Portsmouth's athletic fields)